With Thanksgiving behind us and December just around the corner, it’s time to start making plans for some of the many wonderful south Florida holiday events.
From big to small, free to pricey, there is an event that is sure to please just about anyone. South Florida is the perfect place to spend your December days.
South Florida December Holiday Events
Here are some of the events we’re most excited for:
- The Fort Lauderdale Annual Holiday Lights Cruises: The annual “Holiday Lights” cruises will run twice per day for five nights in December at both 6 and 8 pm. The dates for 2018 are 4, 7, 10, 11, and 23. Tickets are only $25 for adults and $15 for children.
- The Symphony of Lights Display at Gulfstream Park in Hallandale: The open-air shopping plaza plays the dynamic light display set to holiday music every hour on the hour from 6 to 11 pm and will run until the end of the year.
- Garden of Lights at Flamingo Gardens : Botanical Gardens and Wildlife Sanctuary. The Garden of Lights display will fill the arboretum December 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, and 30th from 5 to 8 pm. Admission is $9.95 for adults and $6.45 for kids from 3 to 11. Santa’s Little Helpers will also visit Flamingo Gardens from 2 to 5 pm on December 15, 16, 22, and 23. For something a little more casual, check out the food truck in lights on December 7 from 5 to 9 pm while DJ Anarchy plays great music.
- Santa’s Enchanted Forest : This fun event will take place in Miami all month long and end on January 6. The event includes numerous Christmas-themed booths and carnival rides.
- Annual Key West Holiday Fest: A major local tradition that runs until December 31 on the island. The festival includes visits from Santa, tours from historic inns, and holiday parades both on and off the water. Don’t miss the harbor of lights.
ALSO READ: What Makes Parkland’s Landscaping So Unique?