Another reminder why Texting and Driving is so dangerous that even in the blink of eye you can lose control.
Last Year’s 2012 Driving Statistics:
1. At 55 mph, your car travels the length of a football field in 5 seconds.
2. You are 23 times more likely to get into an accident while texting.
3. Texting while driving delays a driver’s reaction time as much as having a BAC level at the legal limit.
4. 18% of fatalities from distraction-related accidents are caused by cell phones.
5. 30% of teens text while driving.
6. 55% of young adult drivers say that it is easy to text while driving and still pay attention.
7. According to a car and driver study, driver’s reaction time while reading and sending texts was way worse than while impaired by alcohol.
8. 37 of 50 states have already banned texting while driving.